SonicWall Cloud Edge Frequently Asked Questions
03/31/2022 1 People found this article helpful 109,360 Views
What are the prerequisites to get started with SonicWall Cloud Edge Secure Access?
- A valid MySonicWall account https://mysonicwall.com/muir/login
- Enabling either the Trial License or the New Deployment License by registering your keys (Cloud Edge and Gateway Activations Keys) through the Product Registration Details page at mysonicwall.com
- Complete the registration process
- Download the proper agents for your endpoints (Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS)
Do I need to have a SonicWall Firewall to activate SonicWall Cloud Edge?
Do I need a separate license for users and Gateways?
Yes, there are different SKU’s
Do you support license co-term for Cloud Edge?
Yes, please reach out to the account team or support to enable that
What Web Browsers are supported for SonicWall Cloud Edge Secure Access client web-access?
All modern Web Browsers except Internet Explorer 11
What platforms are supported for SonicWall Cloud Edge Secure Access?
Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android
Can one network have multiple regions?
Yes, one network can have multiple regions. Each region requires at least one gateway
Can one region have multiple gateways?
Yes, one region can have multiple gateways to improve performance (limited to the number of available licenses)
Does a single gateway support multiple tunnel connections?
Yes, SonicWall Cloud Edge does not limit the number of tunnels that can be connected to a single gateway
Is there a max number or limit on Number of Gateways, concurrent tunnels, or number of users for a Tenant?
No limit to the number of tunnels, and Gateways are limited only by license. The recommended pairing is 50 concurrent tunnels/gateway for best performance
How many PoP’s (Regions) does SonicWall provide?
SonicWall Cloud Edge provides more than 30 Regions across the world in North America, EMEA, APAC, and the Middle East with more planned for the future
Are SonicWall PoP’s connected to each other?
Yes, PoP’s are connected like a mesh network to provide geo-redundancy and performance
Does SonicWall Cloud Edge Secure Access support IPsec based connections?
Yes, SonicWall Cloud Edge supports site-to-site tunnels (and dynamic-IP tunnels) using either IPsec or WireGuard protocols
What are the requirements for connecting to on-premises infrastructure?
- Your internal network follows industry-accepted design patterns
- VPCs or DC with overlapping subnets do not exist in the same network
- Your SonicWall Cloud Edge network subnet does not overlap with your network subnet
- All subnet masks are either class B or C (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
- Your internal network has a static public IP (RECOMMENDED)
How can I run the WireGuard Connector?
You can install a WireGuard based connector on a Linux server, and you can also set up a WireGuard tunnel using a docker container
How many user devices can be connected to one user license?
What public cloud resources can be connected?
- Amazon AWS
- Alibaba Cloud
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform
- Heroku Enterprise
- IBM Cloud
What Identity Providers (IdP) and technologies are supported?
- Azure Active Directory
- Google Cloud Services
- On-premises Active Directory (LDAP)
- SAML 2.0 Identity Providers (Okta, OneLogin, ADFS, etc.)
What IPsec versions are officially supported for Cloud Edge Gateway?
Cloud Edge supports IPSEC versions IKEv1 and IKEv2 with different encryptions and settings available
Groups and Members
How do I add users/members?
- Open Team in the Management Platform
- Click Members
- On the right topside of the screen, click Invite Members on the top right side of the window
Can a member be assigned different roles and permissions?
Do you support auto sync between CE member group and LDAP and IdP providers?
Yes, configuration is needed on the config.json file for synchronization
Securing the Platform
What are the various options available for multi-factor authentication for client login?
- SMS/Push notification
- Google Authenticator
- Duo Security
For Agent-less access, what types of application access is supported?
- SSH apps
- HTTP & HTTPS apps
- RDP apps
- VNC apps
Can I limit client access based on Geo-location?
Where do I download the agents for client-based access?
- From the “Downloads” tab in your management web-console (links available to end-users as well)
- Directly from the getting started guide as well as the user guide
- For iOS and Android agents – directly from the App and Play Store respectively
What integrations are provided for log collection and monitoring?
- Amazon S3
- Azure Sentinel
- Splunk Cloud
Is there an option to “Allow-list” wildcard domains in bulk?
Yes, all listed domains in csv format can be imported via DNS filtering feature
What compliance standards does SonicWall Cloud Edge adhere to?