RADIUS Accounting Service Error: Policy Action: Can't mix management / non-management services
03/26/2020 9 12128
When combining built-in Radius Accounting Service with other services under an "Access Rule", SonicOS generates the following error:
Error: Policy Action: Can't mix management / non-management services, for example screenshot below is using a "Service Groups" object is using Radius and "Radius Accounting" services under a Service Group GRP_SRV_Meraki and display the Error:
Built-in Service object RADIUS Accounting can't be used with another service as the SonicOS generates the error as reported in the description above.
If Radius Accounting service is required to be added with other services then a custom Radius Accounting service can be added for the same Port number and then added to the Access Rule or a Radius Accounting Service can be added on another Access Rule as single Service.
Adding a Custom Service for Radius Accounting:
- Login to your appliance and go to Network | Services.
- Click Add button while "Service Objects" tab is selected and enter the following details on the add new service dialog box:
- Name: Enter the new name, for example "Custom_Radius_Accounting"
- Protocol: Select UDP (17)
- Port Range: Enter 1813 in both text boxes or the correct Port number if different port is used for Radius Accounting.
- Click Add button to add the service.
3. Click on the Tab "Service Groups" and search for the service "GRP_SRV_Meraki" or service object in question.
4. Once the "Service Groups" object is displayed, Click "Pencil icon Button" under Configure column and then remove the "Radius Accounting" from right hand side and then move "Custom Service object" added under step 2 above to the right side and click OK button.
Screenshots below are showing the "Custom Radius Service" has been added to Service Groups "GRP_SRV_Meraki" and then "Access Rule" was successfully added:
Adding Custom Radius Accounting Service Object:
Access Rule Added Successfully: