How to route Email from G Suite to Hosted Email Security (HES)
03/26/2020 12 People found this article helpful 92,094 Views
This article details steps for configuring G Suite to route outbound email through HES.
Add outbound gateway route
1. Log into the G Suite admin console and navigate to Apps > G Suite > Gmail > Advanced Settings, select the Hosts tab and click Add Route.
2. Give the route a title for internal reference.
3. Select Single host from the drop down
4. Enter the FQDN provided in the HES FAQ and click Save
Configure outbound gateway route
1. From the Advanced settings page, select the General Settings tab.
2. Scroll to the Routing section, hover over the Routing setting, and click Configure.
3. Give the route a title and select Outbound in the Messages to affect list.
4. Click the box next to the Change route setting, this will cause a drop down menu to appear.
5. Select the route that was created in Add outbound gateway route steps.
6. Check the box next to Bypass spam filter for this message and click Add Setting.
NOTE: Bypassing the spam filter in G Suite is optional, but recommended if mail is being routed outbound through HES as it will act as the spam filter.
7. Click Save at the bottom of the page, to save the settings.
The outbound route is now present in the Routing setting.
Configure HES to accept mail from G Suite
1. Log into the HES admin portal and go to the Manage page. Then select Network > Server Configuration from the left menu and click Outbound
2. Enter the domain(s) for which email will be relayed, select G Suite from drop down, and Apply Changes.