Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
How to install or uninstall Services
03/26/2020 1052 12681
This article describes how to install or uninstall the GMS services on a Windows Software install.
- Open up Command Prompt and navigate to \GMSVP\bin
- Select the service that will be uninstalled or installed (refer to How to increase the JVM memory allocation for the services to file name)
- Stop the Service via the WebGUI or type the file name then stop to stop the service
Example: sgmsvp2.bat stop
- Following the file name just add uninstall to uninstall the service or install to install the service.
Example: sgmsvp2.bat uninstall
- If the service was installed, start the service via the WebGUI or type the file name followed by start to start the service
- The uninstall or install can be verified via services.msc that can be ran from the run window.