How do I convert an Email Security trial license to a retail license?
12/20/2019 6 7079
This article contains steps to convert an Email Security appliance trial to a retail serial number. Before proceeding please have the retail serial number and authentication code available.
There are two ways to convert to a retail serial number. The first is from the Email Security software and second is via mysonicwall.com. In both cases you will need to eventually login to the Email Security software to update the serial number information.
Convert a trial license to retail license via the Email Security software
- Login to the software as an administrator.
- Navigate to Manage | License Management.
- Click Upgrade From Free Trial.
- A prompt will ask for the retail serial number, authentication code, and friendly name. Once completed click Submit.
- Once registered the license page will display purchased services as Licensed.
Convert a trial license to retail license via MySonicWall.com
- Navigate to mysonicwall.com
- Click My Products and select the Email Security trial.
- Click Upgrade Serial Number
- After filling in the required fields click Register.
- Lastly, select the Email Security trial. Note: more than one entry may be available. Confirm you are upgrading the appropriate trial. Click Upgrade.
- Login the Email Security software and follow the steps for Convert a trial license to retail license via the Email Security software located above.