How do I add an external mount to GMS/Analyzer virtual appliance?
03/26/2020 10 10420
This article explains how to add an External Mount to a Virtual appliance to grow beyond the 250 GB and 950 GB OVA templates provided on MySonicWall.com. Once the external mount is added to the Virtual Appliance, the flows will be written to the New mount.
CAUTION: The old flow data that was stored on the flow server will be lost as the data will be written in the new mount after this.
NOTE: This process should be used to expand the volume of Flow Server agents For Syslog based server, we need to follow: https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/how-to-expand-the-hard-drive-of-a-virtual-appliance/170502427615315/
- Turn off the Virtual Appliance
- Log into the VMware Web Client or vSphere Client
- Select Edit Settings for the Virtual Appliance
- Click the Add button, and select the Hard Diskas the device type then select Next
5. Input the size of the disk equal to the amount you would like to expand and select Thick Provision Lazy Zeroed then select next
6. Check the radial for the appropriate drive type (match the drive type, SCSI or IDE, currently in use on the Virtual Appliance)
7. Select Finish and turn on the Virtual Machine
8. Login to the Flow Agent server https://x.x.x.x/appliance where x.x.x.x is the flow agent ip.
Go to Flow Agents->Flow Settings->
In the drop-down box for Database Location, Choose the new Mount added and click on Start.
After this the flow data will be written to the new mount.