Exporting AddUnit XML file from GMS Server
04/15/2022 0 People found this article helpful 16,542 Views
AddUnit XML file contains all the required information about the firewalls added on GMS which are needed to acquire them on GMS. This file when imported in GMS will help in adding the firewalls listed in it on GMS automatically without the need to add them individually one at a time.
Also, as a best practice, we can have this file exported from Existing Setup, so that in case of issues like Server crash etc, we can get the firewalls added back to the new server.
This file is also exported when there is a GMS backup done.
This process is applicable for GMS Virtual Appliance as well as GMS Windows.
NOTE: Before Importing the AddUnit XML file on New Server, make sure to keep the new GMS server on same ip as Old Server if we want to keep the same ip on new server or, modify the XML file to match the SchedulerIP to New Server ip.
The parameter to modify in case if you want the same ip as Old GMS server in the XML file is <schedulerIPAddress>
Steps to Export AddUnit XML file from GMS system:
1. Login to GMS, Go to Console-->Management-->Settings--> Look for "Create AddUnit XML file":
2. Click on "Create AddUnit XML file", the XML file will get downloaded:
In order to import the AddUnit XML file, follow the steps below on the New GMS Server:
- Go to Manage Tab, under the TreeControl, Right click on the GlobalView and choose the option "Import XML":
- The pop-up window will appear for importing XML file, browse the XML file created in Step 2:
Once the file is successfully imported, we can find all the firewalls added back to the new Server.
- The Custom View cannot be Exported in AddUnit XML, hence all the firewalls will be Added Under GlobalView, later we can change their views based on the requirement.
- The Device group information will not be exported in this file.
Was This Article Helpful?