Cannot connect with Mobile Connect on MacOS Sierra
03/26/2020 70 People found this article helpful 54,200 Views
You can connect with SSL-VPN to the SonicWall from all platforms without any issue. Mobile Connect would work on Windows 10, iOS or Mac OS, except MacOS Sierra where the connection would fail.
The RC4 cipher has been deprecated from MacOS 10.12.x
Make sure to follow the first few steps below.
- Update the SonicWall to the latest firmware version available.
- Update MacOS Sierra to the latest version available.
- Update Mobile Connect to the latest version.
Download and open the Tech Support Report from the SonicWall Appliance. See if the cipher methods is still the RC4_MD5 as below.
The latest firmware versions do not allow you to change the cipher method for SSL VPN from the GUI anymore. If you cannot edit the cipher under SSL-VPN | Server Settings, then do the following:
- Create an SSH or console session to the SonicWall and insert the following commands.
- If you check the TSR one more time, the cipher methods will be updated to AES256-SHA1.
Wait a few minutes for the changes to take effect and try connecting to Mobile Connect from the MacOS Sierra one more time.
Was This Article Helpful?