Autotask Integration with SonicWall GMS
03/26/2020 1046 9972
The SonicWall Global Management System (GMS) supports integration with the Autotask product. For an improved Autotask integration with SonicWall GMS, the Flowgear solution can be applied. The Flowgear Autotask SonicWall Accelerator makes it easy to stay on top of device status by raising an Autotask ticket when an alert is created. The ticket is automatically associated with the correct customer for the device and the device configuration item is also attached. Ensure you meet customer Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements by managing device events effectively from within Autotask. Additionally, firewall device information will be periodically synchronized with Autotask as a configuration giving you access to key information.
Autotask integration with SonicWall GMS requires the following:
- Administrator Login access to the Autotask Client
- SonicWall GMS 7.0 or higher
- Administrator access to the SonicWall GMS
- Autotask SonicWall Accelerator (optional)
Linking SonicWall Devices to Autotask Accounts
This section details the configuration procedures to link SonicWall devices to Autotask accounts. Autotask customers are linked to the SonicWall GMS via a custom group which is set up in the GMS management interface.
To link Autotask accounts to the SonicWall GMS, perform the following:
- Login to the GMS management interface, and then navigate to the Console | Management | Custom Groups screen.
- Right-click on an empty part of the list, and then select Add Category.
The Add Group Category pop-up window displays.
- Enter 'CustomerCode' in both text-fields, and then click OK.
- Navigate to the Firewall tab.
- Right-click on GlobalView, and then select Refresh.
- Right-click on each firewall device and select Modify Properties.
A list of custom groups is displayed with the default values:
- In the Customer Code text-field, enter the Autotask Account Number for the matching customer.
Preparing Autotask for SonicWall GMS Integration
SonicWall devices are linked to Autotask customers in the Autotask management interface's Account Number text-field. After setting up a new customer, edit the customer to change the account code. This account code must match the customer code set up in SonicWall appliance.
Adding Flowgear to the GMS/Autotask Deployment
For an improved Autotask integration with the SonicWall GMS, the Flowgear solution can be applied. Flowgear offers features for the Autotask integration with the SonicWall GMS. This includes an updating of Autotask Configuration items with all devices under management in the SonicWall GMS and creation of tickets in Autotask when errors are reported on a device.
The following Autotask configuration updates are available with Flowgear:
- Create a Configuration Item in Autotask:
- Link a device to an Autotask customer:
- Device information syncs through to the Autotask system.
The Flowgear Autotask SonicWall Accelerator creates a ticket in Autotask when the SonicWall GMS has an alert set for a device. The ticket is automatically associated with the correct account for the device and the device configuration is also attached. The ticket is automatically closed if an alert is removed from the SonicWall GMS.
Start the free service for the Flowgear Autotask SonicWall Accelerator by performing the following:
- Visit www.flowgear.net and click Pre-Built.
- In the Accelerators list, click SonicWall | Autotask.
- Click Get a Trial, and then sign up.
- Fill in the connection details for Autotask and SonicWall GMS.