Sonicpoint- N system self-Maintenance
03/26/2020 7 12833
This document describes the purpose of the “Sonicpoint- N system self-Maintenance” option.
These days, finding an environment with no RF interference or noise is nearly impossible. You should expect to deal with some level of signal interference in your deployment. This can be achieved through the Sonicpoint by setting it up with some recommended settings.
One of the features that help to avoid RF interference is “Sonicpoint- N system self-Maintenance”. This option can check Sonicpoint health status and reset RF radio chipset based on the selected schedule.
Sonicpoint system self-maintenance doesn't reboot the Sonicpoint rather it just disables the radio and re-enables again. This helps the Sonicpoint to do RF analysis and to select the channel with the maximum signal strength when the Radio channel is set to Auto detect
1. Login to the SonicWall GUI
2. Once logged in you will see the URL in the address bar as follows
3. Remove the word main and type in as diag and the URL will look like
4. On accessing that URL, you will land on a screen where you will see internal settings and when you hit on you will see a list of options
5. Under wireless settings you will see the option “Sonicpoint- N system self-Maintenance” and you can set the time as per your convenience
It is always recommended to set the maintenance time after working hours or on weekends in order to avoid disconnection of the wireless users