SMA 1000 Series: Publish Subnet and Range resource based routes to Tunnel clients in both Split/Redirect
03/26/2020 1062 8355
By design, the tunnel connection pushes Subnet & Range resource based routes only when the client (applications) initiate the traffic across the tunnel. For some applications like Windows Remote Assistance (WRA) and VOIP environments, the client connections require these routes to be published during tunnel activation process. These applications expect the routes to be available in advance before they initiate the respective traffic across the tunnel.
To support such applications and VOIP environments over tunnel connections, please follow these steps to publish subnet & Range resource based routes during tunnel activation process on the client machine:-
1. Enable Appliance based CEM change for EVPN_STATIC_ROUTE_RESOURCE
- Log in to AMC.
- Click on Maintenance in the left-hand navigation menu.
- In the URL, append "?advanced=1", and hit return.
- Click on Configure under the new section Configuration extensions.
- Click New
- For the Key field, put in: EVPN_STATIC_ROUTE_RESOURCE
- For the Value field, put in: 1
- Click OK.
- Click Save,
- Apply Changes (this will force an apply-all, making the changes take effect).
2. Then we need to install the latest tunnel client on the user machines. To have all known issues resolved the current platform and then client hotfixes should be installed on the SMA and the clients upgraded to that current version.