Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
Resetting the Secondary High Availability Device
03/26/2020 57 14700
How to reset the Secondary High Availability device
This article describes how to factory reset a Secondary High Availability device.
- Power down the Secondary Device.
- Disconnect the device from the network and remove the HA cable
- Follow the instructions here to access the device in Safe-mode via the MGMT port and using the reset button. (The device will be accessible over the default 192.168.1.254 address)
- Once in Safe-mode reboot the SonicWall using the option “Current Firmware with Factory Default Settings”
- Power down the device once it has restarted.
- Reconnect it to the network and reconnect the HA cable
- Power on the device
When the secondary boots up it will synchronize with the Primary device and download the settings.