Migrating GMS Demo license to SonicWall Analyzer
03/26/2020 1021 11748
This article assists with migrating a GMS demo license to a SonicWall Analyzer instance.
In this example GMS was tested using a demo license:
The GMS demo now needs to be converted into an Analyzer instance. The registration will not be successful and will always end up using the GMS demo license. In order to use Analyzer, please proceed with the following resolution.
- Contact technical support to have the GUID value associated to the Demo License removed (Reset Trust). The technical support phone number is 1-888-793-2830.
- Delete the GMS demo license out off your MySonicWall.com portal.
- Install Analyzer on your VM or Windows device or reset the GMS demo license:
- Log in to the System Interface at http://IPaddress/appliance.
- After authentication, change the URL to http://IPaddress/appliance/techSupport.html.
- Read the warning, then click the ‘Accept’ button.
- Click the ‘Reset License’ button.
- Click the back button in the browser to return to the System Interface.
- At System | License, click the ‘Refresh License’ button. A new license file will be created.
- Register Analyzer according to Step 3 of the article How do I install a fresh instance of Analyzer?