How to Upgrade HA Device from 11.4.0 to 12.x
03/26/2020 11 4844
Information and procedure to be followed while upgrading existing HA to 12.x firmware.
- Devices running on firmware 11.4.0 in HA mode cannot be upgrade to 12.x they need to treated as individual devices.
- Below information would help upgrading the firmware from 11.4.0 to 12x as standalone device.
- Need to contact SonicWALL Sales /Customer Service on 1-888-793-2830 related to licensing.
- Configuration backup would help in partial import for any unforeseen disaster.
- There will be no VIP so network administrators need to make changes to their network and backend resource access.
- Check SSL Certs for all future implementation.
- Log in to Management Console of Active node of 11.4.0
- Click on Maintenance in the left-hand navigation menu.
- In the URL, append "?advanced=1", and hit return.
- Click on Configure under the new section Configuration extensions.
- Click New
- For the Key field, put in: UPGRADE_HA_OVERRIDE
- For the Value true
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
- Apply Changes
Note: This configuration extension would be force sync to standby node automatically if the existing setup and cables as recommended.
Once this CEM been applied. Upgrade of firmware should be successful for 12.x firmware.