How To Customize Login Pages
02/03/2022 53 People found this article helpful 103,754 Views
SonicOS 6 provides the ability to customize the text of the login authentication pages that are presented to users.
The Customize Login Page feature provides the following functionality:
- Keeps the style of original login by default
- Allows administrators to customize login related pages
- Allows administrators to use the default login related pages as templates
- Allows administrators to save customized pages into system preferences
- Allows administrators to preview their changes before saving to preferences
- Presents customized login related pages to typical users
The following login-related pages can be customized:
- Admin Preempt
- Login Authentication
- Logged Out
- Login Full
- Login Disallowed
- Login Lockout
- Login Status
- Guest Login Status
- Policy Access Barred
- Policy Access Down
- Policy Access Unavailable
- Policy Login Redirect
- Policy SSO Probe Failure
- User Password Update
- User Login Message
SonicOS provides the ability to customize the text of the login authentication pages that are
presented to users. Administrators can translate the login-related pages with their own wording
and apply the changes so that they take effect without rebooting.
CAUTION: There are screens which cannot be edited on the SonicWall such as Login Timeout. If the screen you wish to edit isn't listed in this KB, it's not possible to change.
Although the entire SonicOS interface is available in different languages, sometimes the
administrator does not want to change the entire UI language to a specific local language.
However, if the firewall requires authentication before users can access other networks, or
enables external access services (e.g. VPN, SSL-VPN), those login related pages usually
should be localized to make them more usable for typical users.
To customize one of these pages, perform the following steps:
You can change them into your preferring wording. Modifications should follow the
- On the Users > Settings page, scroll down to the Customize Login Pages section
- Select the page to be customized from the Select Login Page pulldown menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Default to load the default content for the page.
- Edit the content of the page
- Click Preview to preview how the customized page will look.
- When you are finished editing the page, click Accept.
- Leave the Login Page Contents field blank and apply the change to revert to the default page to users.
CAUTION: Be careful to verify the HTML of your custom login page before deploying it, because HTML errors may cause the login page to not function properly. An alternative login page is always available for the administrator, in case a customized login page has any issues. To access the alternate login page, manually input the URL: https://(device_ip)/defauth.html directly into the address line of browser (case sensitive). The default login page without any customization is then displayed, allowing you to login as normal and reset your customized login related pages.