How to build LACP between SonicWall firewall and switch firewall using 10G port?
06/17/2022 3 People found this article helpful 8,427 Views
For this environment we will use an NSA 2700 and SonicWall Switch SWS14-24FPOE running on the latest firmware.
Make sure that you are using a supported SFP Module. Please check the below link for the list of supported 3rd party SFP and SFP+ modules that can be used with SonicWall firewalls.
Supported SonicWall and 3rd party SFP and SFP+ modules that can be used with SonicWall NSA series
From the SonicWall Firewall:
- Connect physical cables between firewall and switch.
- Set IP and zone under Network |Interfaces – X16.
- Add LAG Port under Network|Switching|Link Aggregation
Network – Interfaces
From SonicWall Switch:
- Physically connect the firewall to port 25 and 26.
- Under Switching |Link Aggregation |Port Trucking add the Member ports 25,26, and set the Mode as “LACP” and Apply.
To verify a successful connection:
- You will see associated mac-address of our SonicWall switch under Network|Switching |Link Aggregation.
- From the CLI or SSH connection on the switch using Putty, type the command ‘’ show EtherChannel summary’’. Ports 25 and 26 should show ‘’P’’ status.
- More details about how to login to the SonicWall Switch cli interface, please click below:
How to login to the SonicWall Switch cli interface ?
Was This Article Helpful?