Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
How to block Denial of Service attacks using Intrusion Prevention.
03/26/2020 57 14247
This article explains how to configure IPS (Intrusion Prevention System) to block DoS attacks.
Enable IPS under LAN and WAN:
- Navigate to Network | Zones.
- Click edit on LAN and WAN enable IPS.
Enable the prevention for DOS category:
- Navigate to Security Services | Intrusion Prevention.
- Enable IPS.
- Enable Prevent all for High and Medium Priority Attacks and Detect All for High, Medium and Low Priority Attacks.
- Select OS-Attacks under Category.
- Click on configure and enable the Prevention.
NOTE: This will make sure that the low priority DOS attacks are also blocked even if the Prevent all for Low Priority attacks are disabled in the Global settings.