How do I migrate from Email Security 3300/4300/8300 32-bit device to 64-bit Virtual Appliance
03/26/2020 17 6892
If you are running ES 3300/4300/8300 devices, they are already EOL as they are running on 32-bit systems and older hardware.
We have a new line of product to replace the same in 64-bit environment which is 64-bit Virtual Appliance.
We highly recommend that you migrate from an older device like 3300/4300/8300 units to newer Virtual Appliance as soon as possible due to limitation on 32-bit system and take the advantage of our new 64-bit VA.
For more details on the license purchase or existing license transfer from 3300/4300/8300 to 64-bit Virtual Appliance, please contact your reseller or sales representative.
To migrate from the ES 3300/4300/8300 to ES 64-bit Virtual Appliance please follow the steps as mentioned below:
- If you are running an older firmware, please first upgrade your appliance to 9.0.x version or later
- Follow the KB on how to upgrade firmware: https://www.sonicwall.com/en-us/support/knowledge-base/170504270079039
- Once you are on version 9.0.x or later, you will need to migrate all your current settings from old ES 3300 to ES VA by using the backup and restore option from the WebUI.
- Setup the new VA in 64-bit environment for ES and install the same version as the older appliance i.e. 9.0.x ( Before you can migrate the settings you will have to make sure the new server is licensed correctly)
- Follow the steps laid out in the KB for migration from one appliance to another: https://www.sonicwall.com/en-us/support/knowledge-base/170504320872196
- Make sure you have the same Hostname on ES VA as ES 3300/4300/8300 and ES VA is not on production while you do the data backup/restore process to avoid Hostname conflict on your network.
- After the migration of settings is done, your new appliance will be up and running and ready to be placed into production.
- You can make the necessary changes to your firewall to let the traffic pass through the new ES VA.