The Capture Labs Network is built upon threat information obtained from a wide variety of sources including:
- Capture Advanced Threat Prevention sandbox
- Shared cross-vector threat-related information between security systems, including firewalls, email security, endpoint security, honeypots, content filtering systems and development sandboxes in SonicWall’s threat centers
- SonicWall proprietary malware analysis automation
- Malware/IP reputation data from tens of thousands of firewalls and email security devices around the globe
- Shared threat intelligence from more than 50 industry collaboration groups and research organizations
- Intelligence from freelance security researchers
- Spam alerts from millions of computer users protected by SonicWall email security devices.
After all sources are vetted for accuracy and relevance, the anonymized Capture Labs Network telemetry data is used by the SonicWall Capture Threat Research team to develop protections for our broad product portfolio and threat data is cross-pollinated between the product lines.