Troubleshooting License Manager Connectivity issues
03/26/2020 218 12903
This article describes the troubleshootings steps to adopt when there are connectivity issues to the license manager.
Please check the following steps before giving up the License synchronization problems:
- Close all browser windows, clear the cache and re-open it. Then log into the SonicWall.
- Make sure the firewall's DNS can resolve licensemanager.sonicwall.com (or lm2.sonicwall.com for newer firmware).
- Make sure the firewall rules are not blocking the Firewall IP (WAN to WAN communication should be allowed).
- Make sure the firewall's date/time are set correctly.
- Try disabling NTP and manually enter the time. Then reboot the firewall.
- Lower the WAN MTU.
- Check the WAN to WAN Access Rule and make sure that it has not been altered.
- Allow for Fragmented packets on the WAN to WAN rule
In case you are not using the default WAN interface as WAN Zone or you set up access rule blocking WAN to WAN connections, then you should do the following:
**Please add specific route(s) and access rules for the following domains:
- Licensemanager.sonicwall.com or lm2.sonicwall.com (for registration, License activation, Upgrade and to download signatures)
- lmdashboard.global.sonicwall.com or lmdashboard2.sonicwall.com (for DashBoard)
- Software.sonicwall.com or sigserver.global.sonicwall.com (for signature definitions, Auto Update)
NOTE: Without these routes/Access Rules the above functionalities will fail to work.
TIP: The domains may vary based on the appliance/firmware. You can make sure of the domains your SonicWall is using by downloading the Tech Support Report (TSR) from System | Diagnostics | Download Report and searching the following terms: "fwlmDomain", "ipssigDomain", "dashboardDomain".