Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
Troubleshooting a new Analyzer/GMS instance when there are no reports
03/26/2020 60 16392
Troubleshooting a new Analyzer/GMS instance when there is no reports and/or no syslogs coming
Verify that Analyzer/GMS has a correct IP assignment (static IP is required on the Analyzer/GMS server)
- Check the IP address of the server where Analyzer/GMS is installed.
- Then go to the System | Status page of the System Interface (/appliance) and verify if the IP addresses match each other.
NOTE:It is a common mistake to assign a IP address of a firewall to Analyzer/GMS during installation.
If installed on a Windows server,
- Go to services.msc and check if all services of Analyzer/GMS are running:
- Restart all services.
Check if the unit is acquired properly by GMS/Analyzer.
- Analyzer: Try to synchronize the unit with Analyzer.
- GMS: Try to Synchronize information from GMS.
Check on the firewall if Analyzer/GMS is correctly added
For Windows installation
- Go to the GMSVP/syslogs folder on the disk where Analyzer/GMS is installed and check if new files are being created.
- Navigate to System Interface | System | Diagnostics and download StdVPSummarizer0.log.
- Open the file and check if it looks similar to the one below.
- If there are different messages it is probably Summarizer issue.Please check KB: Syslogs Are Going To Wrong Syslogs Folder On Analyzer and if the error it is different contact Tech Support.
There are two ways to contact technical support:
1. Online: Visit mysonicwall.com. Once logged in select Resources & Support | Support | Create Case.
2. By phone: please use our toll-free number at 1-888-793-2830. Please have your SonicWall serial number available to create a new support case.
If you do not have a mysonicwall.com account create one for free!
NOTE: It is also good practice to disable Windows firewall and Anti Virus if Analyzer/GMS is installed on Windows and check if syslogs are coming.