Syslogs are going to wrong syslogs folder on Analyzer
03/26/2020 1488 11676
We have seen a very common issue where the syslogs start getting converted into .pre and going to bad syslogs folder after summarization.
Please find the steps to correct the issue with Issue where syslogs files are going to bad syslogs folder and we see errors saying file doesn't exist.
- Stop report database and report summarizer services
- Copy the GMSVP/infobright/Data/syslogs/raw_XXXXXX.bht and the GMSVP/infobright/Data/syslogs/raw_XXXXXX.frm files to a created Temp directory located in the data partition /opt/GMSVP/syslogs/IB_Temp
Note: Here XXXXXX can be any month's data for which you are seeing error in TSR of Anaylzer or the brighthouse log. The brighthouse log is found in GMSVPinfobrightData folder.
Step 2 is to take backup of the these files.
- Now delete these files from these folders.
- Start the report db service.
- Started the report summarizer service.
- Now if you go back to the same folder, you should see new files getting generated.
- Now you can convert the .pre files in small numbers maybe 500 mb into .src and move them back to GMSVPSyslogs folder to have them re processed. Don't move the next set until these are processed.