How can I create 2 VPNs with Amazon's AWS on SonicOS (22.214.171.124 & above)?
03/26/2020 204 14553
Amazon AWS requires two VPNs to their solution for access from the outside. In order to do so, 2 Route based VPNs will be needed. This article will guide you through the process of configuring this through the use of a new feature introduced in Sonic OS 126.96.36.199 .
In order to complete this task, you will need to create an Access Key for the SonicWall to interact with Amazon's AWS infrastructure.
- Access your Amazon AWS account at aws.amazon.com.
- After logging into your account, click your account name and then click My Security Credentials.
- Click Continue to Security Credentials if prompted.
- Expand the Access Keys Menu by clicking the + icon.
- Click Create New Access Key and make note of the Access Key ID and Secret Access Key as these will be needed on the SonicWall.
Connection Setup on SonicWall
- Click Manage and navigate to Network | AWS Configuration page.
- Input the Access Key ID and Secret Access Key. Apply the appropriate Region based on your content you want to access.
- Click test connection and confirm no errors appear.
- Navigate to VPN | AWS VPN page.
- Click Create VPN Connection. A pop-up appears.
- In the IP address field, type the WAN IP address of the SonicWall appliance.
NOTE: Domain names do not work. This does require the IP address.
- Verify the VPN changes to an available status.
- The VPN can now be seen from the VPN | Base Settings page.