Enabling GMS Settings
The GMS Settings section allows administrators to enable Global Management System (GMS) management, and specify the GMS host name or IP address, the GMS Syslog server port, and the heartbeat interval (in seconds).
To enable GMS management of your SMA appliance
- Navigate to System > Administration.
- Select Enable GMS Management.
- Type the host name or IP address of your GMS server in the GMS Host Name or IP Address field.
- Type the port number of your GMS server in the GMS Syslog Server Port field. The default for communication with a GMS server is port 514.
- Type the desired interval for sending heartbeats to the GMS server in the Heartbeat Interval (seconds) field. The maximum heartbeat interval is 86400 seconds (24 hours).
- Click Accept to save your changes.
Was This Article Helpful?
Help us to improve our support portal