Licensing Web Application Firewall
The Secure Mobile Access Web Application Firewall must be licensed before you can begin using it. You can access the MySonicWall Web site directly from the Secure Mobile Access management interface to obtain a license.
The Web Application Firewall > Licensing page in the Secure Mobile Access management interface provides a link to the System > Licenses page, where you can connect to MySonicWall and purchase the license or start a free trial. You can view all system licenses on the System > Licenses page of the Secure Mobile Access management interface.
To view license details and obtain a license on MySonicWall for Web Application Firewall
Log in to your SMA appliance and navigate to Web Application Firewall > Licensing.
- If Web Application Firewall is not licensed, click the System > Licenses link. The System > Licenses page displays.
- Under Manage Security Services Online, click the Activate, Upgrade, or Renew services link. The MySonicWall Login page is displayed.
Type your MySonicWall account credentials into the fields to log into MySonicWall. This must be the account to which the appliance is, or will be, registered. If the serial number is already registered through the MySonicWall web interface, you will still need to log in to update the license information on the appliance itself.
MySonicWall automatically retrieves the serial number and authentication code.
- Type a descriptive name for the appliance into the Friendly Name field, and then click Submit.
- Click Continue after the registration confirmation is displayed.
- Optionally upgrade or activate licenses for other services.
- After activation, view the System > Licenses page on the appliance to see a cached version of the active licenses.
Was This Article Helpful?
Help us to improve our support portal