Configuring Management Settings for Idle Unit
In the Management Settings for Idle Unit section, you can configure management settings for the idle unit.
High Availability configuration is limited for SMA 500v Virtual Appliances. Use the High Availability > Settings page to enable High Availability on the SMA 500v Virtual Appliance, designate it as the primary or secondary unit, and select the interface. Note the following limitations when configuring management settings for an SMA 500v Virtual Appliance:
- High Availability is not supported on an SMA 500v Virtual Appliance in Single Network Interface mode.
- The Synchronize Firmware function is not supported for an SMA 500v Virtual Appliance.
To configure management settings for the idle unit:
- On the High Availability > Settings page under Management Settings for Idle Unit, check Enable To Manage Idle Unit.
- Select the Management Interface using the drop-down menu.
- Type the idle unit’s management IP address in the Management Address field.
- Click Accept.
Was This Article Helpful?
Help us to improve our support portal