Configuring Host Resolution
The Host Resolution page enables network administrators to configure or map host names or fully qualified domain names (FQDNs) to IP addresses.
The SMA appliance can act as both a NetBIOS and WINS (Windows Internet Name Service) client to learn local network host names and corresponding IP addresses.
To resolve a host name to an IP address
- Navigate to the Network > Host Resolution page. The Network > Host Resolution page is displayed.
Click Add Host Name.
- In the Add Host Name window, in the IP Address field, type the IP address that maps to the host name.
- In the Host Name field, type the host name that you want to map to the specified IP address.
- Optionally, in the Alias field, type a string that is the alias for the host name.
- Click Submit. The Host Resolution page now displays the new host name.
- Optionally select Configure auto-added hosts on the Network > Host Resolution page. If this option is selected, you can edit or delete automatically added Host entries (such as for IPv6). This option is not recommended, as host misconfiguration could lead to undesirable results.
Was This Article Helpful?
Help us to improve our support portal