About Reporting and Analytics
SonicWall Analytics can be used in conjunction with NSM SaaS. This allows users to manage firewalls from NSM and
also view reporting and analytics data in NSM.
A SaaS-based analytics license can be upgraded to include reporting and analytics. When you click on the firewall whose data is stored in Analytics, NSM fetches the data. Data is encrypted and compressed so that no data integrity issues are
For SonicWall on-premises NSM does not have integrated Analytics and Reporting at this time. You can add reporting and analytics functionality by installing Analytics On-Premise product (IPFIX or Syslog), along with the on-premises NSM. Contact your sales representative for assistance and refer to the On-Premises Analytics Getting Started Guide and the SonicWall Analytics Administration.
Analytics includes a broad range of predefined reports, as well as the flexibility to create custom reports using any combination of auditable data for thorough risk analysis. These reports combined give detailed insights of network events, user activities, threats, operational and performance issues, security efficacy, risks and security gaps, compliance readiness, and auditing.
NSM Advanced and Essential Licenses
This document covers NSM Advanced and Essential licenses for NSM SaaS offering.
- NSM Advanced comes with Management, 365-day Reporting and 30-day Analytics.
- NSM Essential license comes with Management and 7-day Reporting.
The table below lists the available reports in NSM Advanced and NSM Essential License.
|NSM ADVANCED||NSM ESSENTIAL|
- Web Categories
- Source Locations
- Destination Locations
- Source VPN
- Destination VPN
- Web Categories
Analytics and some Reporting features discussed in this document will not be available in NSM Essential licenses.
Analytics is designed to evaluate data collected by the firewall ecosystem, make policy decisions and take defensive actions using application- and user-based analytics.
SonicWall Analytics extends security event analysis and reporting by providing real-time visualization, monitoring and alerts based on the correlated security data. You can perform flexible drill-down and gain insight into your network, user access, connectivity, application use, threat profiles, and other firewall-related data.
Analytics provides the following key features:
- Data collection that includes normalizing, correlating, and contextualizing the data to the environment
- Streaming analytics in real time
- Analytics including activity trends and connections across the entire network
- Real-time, dynamic visualization of the security data from a single point
- Real-time detection and remediation
SonicWall Analytics is flexible and designed to integrate into other SonicWall solutions:
- On-Premises Analytics can be integrated with on-premises NSM for those customers requiring long term storage of firewall logs and supports designated SonicWall firewalls.
Was This Article Helpful?
Help us to improve our support portal