Unable to call via Apple WiFi Calling
03/26/2020 69 13424
Apple mobile devices are unable to use Apple WiFi calling to call regular phone numbers (the called phone rings but the call is dropped right away)
Apple WiFi calling uses a IPSec VPN connection on UDP port 500/4500 to connect the call.
By default the Sonicwall will treat these packets like regular packets and change the source port during the NAT: this causes the call to be dropped.
In order to make Apple WiFi calling work we need to change this default behaviour by enabling the option "Preserve IKE Port for Pass Through Connections"
NOTE: The location of the option depends on the firmware version.
- Go to VPN | Advanced and look for the option "Preserve IKE Port for Pass Through Connections"
- If present, enable the option and click on accept.
- If the option is not present you need to open the hidden diag page by replacing main.html in the browser address bar with diag.html and then press enter.
- Now click on "Internal Settings" and scroll down to the "VPN Settings" section.
- Enable the "Preserve IKE Port for Pass Through Connections" option here and then scroll back up and press "Accept"
NOTE: This solution works most of the time but if the issue is not solved, please contact our Technical Support as there could be other misconfigurations/variables to take into consideration.