SonicWall Capture Threat Assessment (CTA) 2.0 FAQ
08/27/2020 5 People found this article helpful 187,591 Views
This article covers some of the basic FAQ'S related to CTA2.0.
1.What is CTA 2.0?
CTAv2.0 or Capture Threat Assessment Report is a feature that provides many new features for SonicWall Firewall Reporting on all SonicWall Firewalls. Capture Threat Assessment (also known as CTA) v2 is a SonicWall service that provides network traffic and threat report generation in PDF format.
2. How is CTA useful?
It is a customer engagement tool that helps show case our solutions in any evaluations.
3. How is this report provided by SonicWall?
Report can be directly from SonicOS firewall GUI. The user navigates to Capture Threat Assessment page view and generate the report. In this mode, previous reports are saved in the cloud and displayed as a table for the user.
4. What are the new features available in CTA 2.0?
New Features include:
- New Template
- Meaningful Applications Statistics
- Industry and global level statistics comparison
- Report customization
- Key finding summarization
5.How is the customer’s firewall tagged as a part of an industry?
Once the customer registers his firewall on MySonicwall. The back-end database looks at the customer’s company and associates it with the respective industry it belongs (based on the company name).
6. What is Industry Average?
Each customer’s firewall is tagged as part of an industry. Industry data is calculated in the backend and the average is presented in the report to provide an update to the customer on where they stand when compared to their industry peers.
7. How is Industry average calculated?
Customer’s firewall industry is categorized, and the average is calculated based on the number of days the firewall was UP and running and total number of firewalls in that respective industry.
8. What is All Organization stats?
Entire firewall statistics are calculated in the backend and the average is presented in the report to provide an update to the customer on where they stand when compared to all organizations.
9. How is All Organization stats calculated?
All organization stats are the average that is calculated based on the number of days the firewall was UP and running and the entire firewall install-base.
10. What is executive template?
Executive template is a shorter version of same report that could be used when presenting the CTA report to C-level executives who just need to look at key stats and recommendation.
11. How can we customize the sections in CTA report?
Custom logo, company name and so on are possible from Firewall UI by selecting required components and then generating the report.
12. How to generate this report?
Below are the steps to be followed to generate the new report:
- Login to firewall UI.
- Go to Investigate->Capture Threat Assessment Report page.
- You can try generating your report with customization options
13. Is there a minimum version of SonicOS required to generate this report?
CTA 2.0 is only supported on firewalls running firmware version SonicOS 22.214.171.124-79n and above. Firewall running versions below this will only support v1.0
14. Which languages are supported with this report?
During the initial release, only English will be supported. Regional languages like Japanese will follow during next phases.
15. Does CTA support custom logo and customer name?
Yes. It is supported and be customizable from Firewall UI.
16. Does CTA 2.0 supported different colors?
No, not supported in the first release.
17. Are shadow IT applications statistics available?
During the initial release, shadow IT App statistics are not available. But it is planned for next phase.
18. Can CTA 2.0 be generated from MySonicwall portal?
CTA 2.0 report can only be generated from Firewall UI or CSC-MA/GMS.
19. What are these unknown and private IPs listed in my report?
IPs that are not mapped to a country listed as private, and unknown would mean we are unable to locate their country info.