SMA 100 Series Support Matrix
03/26/2020 383 18409
SRA/SMA Support Matrix: Can I Import the settings from SRA/SMA Models to other Models?
You can import configuration settings from one SMA 100 series appliance to another which can save time when replacing an older appliance with a newer model. Please refer to the following support matrix based on software version before importing settings files into an appliance with newer software.
Can I Import the settings from SRA/SMA Models to other SMA100 series Models?
Importing configuration settings
You can import configuration settings from one appliance to another, which can save a lot of time when replacing an older appliance with a newer model. This feature is also useful when you need multiple appliances with similar configuration settings. Importing configuration settings, or preferences (“prefs”), to SonicWall appliances running SMA 8.5 is generally supported from the following SonicWall appliances running 7.5, 8.0, or 8.1:
Supported SMA Product Models
- SMA 200 & 400
- SMA 210 & 410 (New Hardware's)
- SMA 500v
- SRA1600 to 200/210 could migrate configuration
- SRA4600 to 400/410 could migrate configuration
- SMA 500v to ESXi and HyperV could migrate configuration
- SMA 500v to Azure and AWS could migrate configuration.
NOTE: Supported firmware versions on above SMA models will be from Ver-9.0/10.0 & Above.
Unsupported SMA Models & End of Life Products
Latest Support Matrix:- Here is the new and latest table below for newer versions 9.0/10.0. We recommend not to import settings from new firmware to old firmware.
SMA Versions Firmware Upgrade Path:-
NOTE: Be sure to save a backup of your current configuration settings to your local computer before rebooting the SonicWall SMA appliance with factory default settings, as described in the Exporting a Copy of your Configuration Settings section.
Firmware Upgrade Steps:-
To upload a new firmware image and restart the appliance:
1 Download the Secure Mobile Access image file and save it to a location on your local computer.
2 Select UPLOAD NEW FIRMWARE from the System > Settings page. Browse to the location where you saved the Secure Mobile Access image file, select the file, and click ACCEPT. The upload process can take up to one minute.
3 When the upload is complete, you are ready to reboot your SonicWall SMA appliance with the new Secure Mobile Access image. Do one of the following:
• To reboot the image with current preferences, mouse over the New Firmware row and click the boot icon at the right, then click BOOT in the BOOT FIRMWARE dialog.
To reboot the image with factory default settings, mouse over the New Firmware row and click the boot icon at the right, select the Boot with factory default settings option, and then click BOOT in the BOOT FIRMWARE dialog.
After clicking BOOT, do not power off the device while the image is being uploaded to the flash memory.
5 After your SMA appliance successfully restarts with the new firmware, the login screen is displayed. The updated firmware information is displayed on the System > Status page and in the Current Firmware row on the System > Settings page.
- Can a 8.x config from SRA 1200/1600/4200/4600 [standalone] be imported into SMA 200/210/400/410 in 9.0/10.0 [standalone] ?
Could be migrated from 4600 or 1600 to SMA400/410 or SMA200/210 safely
- Can a 8.x config from SRA 1200/1600/4200/4600 [standalone] be imported into SMA 400/410 in 9.0/10.0 [HA] ?
We need to import partial or break the HA and import partial. However for HA we recommend to *IMPORT* before HA configurations.
- Can a 8.x config from SRA 4200/4600 [HA] be imported into SMA 200/210400/410 in 9.0/10.0 [standalone] ?
Could be migrated from 4600 or 1600 to SMA400/410 or SMA200/210 safely.
- Can a 8.x config from SRA 1200/1600 to be imported into SMA 200/210 [standalone] ?
Yes, its supported. We can migrate it safely.
TIP:SMA 1000 Series Support Matrix