Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
SMA100: Configuration Migration Tool
06/11/2021 0 879
Convert one Model Settings to another model Settings Support Types:
- 500v (ESXi, KVM, Hyper-V, AWS, Azure)
- SMA-410/SMA-400 Main functions
- Map the interfaces between the two models and change all interfaces related settings
- Convert Bookmark, Policy and Network-Resources between the models
- Note : Disable the device/network related features, such as: HA, etc.
SMA100: Configuration Migration Tool, Convert one Model To Another Supported model Settings
We cannot import settings from one Model to other models. Now We have come up with a Migration tool to convert settings from one to Another Supported Platform.
- Converting from higher model to lower model can cause issue and example 400/410 will have higher capacity config and if we are converting to 200/210, it may cause some issue.
- Refer Capacity Matrix before migration from Higher to Lower models
- Recommendation: Make sure Customers having Firmware Versions builds older than 9.0, they need to upgrade to 9.0/220.127.116.11 first, and then use migration tool to convert config.
Following are the steps
1. Navigate to migration server and select the source and destination model
Source Models Supported for Conversion
Destination Models Supported for Coversion.
2- Map the interfaces
3. Upload the setting file and click on Convert
4. After converted, the converted settings, xxx-converted.zip will be downloaded automatically.
5. Upload the converted file on the destination platform
Note: Please reach out to SonicWALL Techinical Support along with settings. Team will help you convert settgings from OLD to NEW Models based on your request.