Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
How to upload / upgrade ROMpack of SonicWall UTM appliance
03/26/2020 370 15104
This article describes the process to upload / upgrade the ROM pack in SonicWall UTM appliances from Safemode.
Currently, the latest RomPack version for NSA2600 and above is 220.127.116.11. You can search for the Rompack version of your appliance by going to System | Status and search for Safemode Version.
To get the latest ROM Pack image, you will need to contact Tech Support as it is not available on MySonicWall.
CAUTION: Before uploading take a backup of the settings file of the firewall under the System | Settings page.
- Connect a host to the Console port of the SonicWall UTM appliance.
- Using an application like Putty or Tera Term, connect to the serial interface of the SonicWall. Here is a link to how to use TeraTerm https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/how-can-i-configure-interface-from-cli-once-connected-over-console-port/, or putty https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/how-can-i-login-to-the-appliance-using-the-command-line-interface-cli/170505641032025/
- Login at the command-line interface (CLI) of the UTM appliance.
- Give the command safemode and press Enter.
- Enter Yes to confirm.
NOTE: SafeMode can be also accessed as per guide here: How To Put the SonicWall into Safe Mode
- To access the Safemode GUI, open a web browser from a host connected to the X0 port and go to http://192.168.168.168
- Click on Upgrade New Firmware.
- Select the ROMpack file from its saved location .
- Click on Upload.
- To activate the uploaded ROMpack, click on the Boot icon alongside Uploaded ROMpack under Firmware Image.
- The SonicWall will restart with an upgraded ROM version and with the current settings and firmware.