How to restrict users based on DeviceID using Device policies.
03/26/2020 20 12904
Because Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) has increased in popularity, IT experts are beginning to allow access to their networks. While the convenience is undeniable, the inherit risks that come with that kind of exposure must be managed. The Personal Device Authorization (PDA) feature is designed to help IT experts deal with this by utilizing the SMA appliance.
With the new PDA feature enabled, when a user attempts access to the secured network with an unregistered device, they must register that device and agree to the corporate and privacy policies in order to continue. Registration uses the device's unique Device ID for authorization, allowing future access unless revoked by you. You are able to configure and monitor all access.
1. Go to Device Management | Settings | Register Settings | Click the check box for 'Enforce Device Register' | Click Accept.
2. Navigate to Device Management | Policies | Add policy.
2. In the Name field, type the name that will be used to identify the policy.
3. Select Type | Device Id.
4. Use Operator drop down list to select operator as "Matches Regex" or "Equal String" as per requirement. "Equals String" is case sensitive and has priority to "Matches Regex" by default.
5. In the Value field ,type the Device Id of the client's device.
6. Use Action drop down list to select one of the three options to restrict the user :- Approve , Pending , Reject.