How to login to the SonicWall Switch cli interface ?
06/10/2020 0 1721
SonicWall Switch provides support for command-line interface (CLI) commands to monitor and manage the device. The Switch CLI uses the administrator’s password to obtain access. SonicWall devices are shipped with a default password of password.
NOTE: It is recommended to manage the Switch via SonicWall firewall, this article is for troubleshooting purposes only and is recommended to be followed with the guidance from SonicWall Support team.
There are two ways to contact technical support:
1. Online: Visit mysonicwall.com. Once logged in select Resources & Support | Support | Create Case.
2. By phone: please use our toll-free number at 1-888-793-2830. Please have your SonicWall serial number available to create a new support case.
If you do not have a mysonicwall.com account create one for free!
Please use the DB-9 to RJ45, serial cable that was shipped with the switch, and connect it from a PC to the leftmost port labeled as the console on the switch.
Please find the Pinout diagram for the Console cable used by the SonicWall Switch.
- Attach the included null modem cable to the appliance port marked CONSOLE. Attach the other end of the null modem cable to a serial port on the configuring computer.
- Launch Tera Term. Select COM1 (or COM2) in the New Connection window.
- Use the following settings to communicate with the serial port connected to the appliance
- 115,200 baud (9600 for TZ170)
- 8 data bits
- no parity
- 1 stop bit
- no flow control
- At the User: prompt enter the Admin’s username. Only the admin user will be able to log in from the CLI. The default Admin username is admin. The default username can be changed.
- At the Password: prompt, enter the Admin’s password. If an invalid or mismatched username or password is entered, the CLI prompt will return to User:, and a CLI administrator login denied due to bad credentials error message will be logged.
TIP: This applies only to switches: SWS12-10FPOE, SWS14-24, SWS14-24FPOE, SWS14-48,SWS14-48FPOE.