How to create exclusions on Capture client
03/26/2020 146 11007
This article will guide the Administrator on creating exclusions tenant-wide.
Capture client lets you exclude variants that could be False positives or causing issues while legitimate downloads.
There are 5 different ways you can create exclusions on the Capture Client console and apply it across the entire tenant network.
- Hashes: You can exclude the SHA 1 hashes of the files. MD5 and SHA 256 hashes are not accepted while creating an exclusion
- Paths: you can exclude the path of file that could be excluded
- Signer Identity: You can exclude a particular certificate if the certificate turns out to be a false positive and is blocked as a Threat under Capture client. Just add the certificate ID and appropriate OS to create the exclusion.
- File types: lets you exclude any file types eg:exe, pdf ( Available only for Windows OS for now)
- Browsers:lets you exclude the entire browser ( Available only for Windows OS for now)
To Create an Exclusion:
Click on Add button on the right. A window will open to Add the exclusion.
- Type: lets you choose the options-SHA1 Hash/Path/File type/Signer Identity/Browser
- OS : lets you choose the operating system on which the exclusion needs to be applied on- Windows/Mac OS
- Description: A friendly name to identify the exclusion.