How to configure Web Content Filtering on Capture Client 3.6
05/23/2022 0 People found this article helpful 20,039 Views
In Capture Client users have the ability to perform content filtering through the Capture Client Web Content Filter. You can configure the Web Content filtering to block or allow access to different websites. Through the Capture Client Web portal, you can both configure the filtering and monitor the web activity of the users.
There are several steps that need to be done to configure the web content filtering.
1. First login in to https://captureclient-36.sonicwall.com and navigate to Policies | Web Content Filtering tab.
2. From here you can click on the Enable Web Content Filtering Option and once enabled, you select which categories to block or allow. For more advanced settings, you can click on the Manage Advanced Settings option on the top right.
3. There are several configurations that you can do in the advanced tab. If you have a SonicWall firewall with Capture Client Enforcement, you can have the Capture Client provide the content filtering instead of doing it on the firewall itself.
4. And you have the option to select whether the forbidden websites are blocked on the users end or just logged on Capture Client portal to view.
5. You also have the option to set up a custom block page instead of the default block page. When selecting the Define a Block Page, you will then see an option Edit custom block page. When clicking on that option a new window will pop up giving you the chance upload your own block page or edit the default page as you like.
6. Under custom settings on the right, you have the option to individually allow or block websites. Using the Allowed and Forbidden Web Domains. You can either block using domain names or IP addresses of the websites you wish to allow or block. You also have the option to block using URL keywords. You can add certain process to the Allowed Process Paths while checking Block all unauthorized processes.
7. To view any websites that have been blocked you can click on the WEB ACTIVITY tab on the left menu and select the Block Web Sites option.
Was This Article Helpful?