How do I install or uninstall Global VPN Client (GVC)?
03/26/2020 1506 71258
This article provides instructions on how to install the latest version of Global VPN Client (GVC).
Links to installation for previous versions of GVC are provided at the end of the article.
Don't want to read? Watch instead!
To download GVC visit mysonicwall.com. Click Downloads at the bottom.
Click Select a Product and select Global VPN Client.
Select the latest version and click Download
Supported Windows Clients and Firmware
The SonicWall Global VPN Client 4.9.9 operates on 32-bit and 64-bit versions of:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
SonicWall strongly recommends you follow these steps before installing the Global VPN Client (GVC) 4.9.9 client:
- If you have SonicWall Global VPN Client version 4.8.6 or earlier installed, you must uninstall that version before installing version 4.9.9. Upgrading to GVC 4.9.9 is supported from version 4.9.0 or 4.9.4.
- SonicWall GVC encounters run time conflicts when it co-exists with any 3rd party IPsec VPN clients. Uninstall all IPsec VPN clients prior to installing SonicWall GVC.
Quick Start Installation
To install GVC using the setup wizard, follow these steps:
- Download the self-extracting installer, GVCSetupXX.exe (where XX is either 32 for 32-bit Windows platforms or 64 for 64-bit Windows platforms), from MySonicWall.
- Double-click GVCsetup.exe
- The Setup wizard launches.
- Click Next to continue installation of the VPN Client.
- Close all applications and disable any disk protection and personal firewall software running on your computer. Click Next.
- Select I accept the terms of the license agreement. Click Next to continue.
- Click Next to accept the default location and continue installation.
- Click Install to install the Global VPN Client files on your computer.
- Select Start VPN Global Client Automatically when users log in to automatically launch the VPN Global Client when you log onto the computer, if desired.
- Select Launch program now to automatically launch the Global VPN Client after finishing the installation.
- Click Finish.
- Uninstall from the Windows Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs.
- Run the GVC Cleaner tool to remove any instance of the DNE driver.
The Global VPN Client may fail to install if a previous installation of Safenet or GVC was not removed completely. The Deterministic NDIS Enhancer (DNE) driver may still be bound to a network adapter. This is typically observed with an error message similar to "It appears that you've uninstalled the SonicWall Global VPN Client. You need to reboot your computer before setup can proceed.Follow these installation troubleshooting steps:
- Uninstall GVC through Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs.
- Run the GVC Cleaner tool.
- Remove your network adapters (both wired and wireless) from Control Panel | Network Connections.
- Add your network adapters back to Windows through Control Panel | Network Connections.
- Install the latest available version of GVC.
A Cleaner Tool can be run which will remove the Deterministic NDIS Enhancer (DNE). You can find the tools at: