How do I install McAfee Server / VirusScan Enterprise patch 9 and 10?
03/26/2020 4 9385
This article covers how to install patch 9 and 10 for McAfee Server AV/ McAfee VirusScan Enterprise.
To obtain these patches please create a technical support case and reference this article.
There are two ways to contact technical support:
1. Online: Visit mysonicwall.com. Once logged in select Resources & Support | Support | Create Case.
2. By phone: please use our toll-free number at 1-888-793-2830. Please have your SonicWall serial number available to create a new support case.
If you do not have a mysonicwall.com account create one for free!
These patches will be made available via the mysonicwall.com portal soon.
Here is an instance of installing complete VSE with patch 9 and then updating the patch to version 10:
1. Use the provided file (VSE880MLRP9.zip) and copy to the server, extract the folder on the Desktop or desired folder.
From the extracted folder choose to install file SetupVSE (EXE file) as administrator:
2. Click “Next” and select the number of years for subscription followed by Standard/typical installation
3. This setup file installs a McAfee agent (required by server AV) and VSE 8.8, you can skip the run-on demand part initially and click Finish.
The McAfee agent updater process will now begin.
The update will download the VSE console along with the latest DAT update.
It will prompt for a reboot, please reboot at this time.
When installed correctly the Control Panel reads 2 items
And the VSE console :
Now that we have Patch 9 lets proceed to upgrade to 10.
4. For Patch 10 install the provided file (VSE880P10.zip) and extract the contents on the desired machine.
Right click to “run as administrator” to install the Setup.exe file:
Now we have upgraded from Patch 9 to Patch 10:
If there are other errors or issues seen during the install it is recommended to perform a complete reinstall.
NOTE: Both the agent and VSE need to be uninstalled separately.