Support on SonicWall Products, Services and Solutions
Browse Knowledgebase by Category
Generate New SSL certificate from your appliance
03/26/2020 614 12107
The process to create a new certificate from your SonicWall Appliance.
CAUTION: Will require a restart of the Firewall
In order to request and import a certificate from a certificate authority that will work on your appliance you will need to create a certificate signing request from the appliance
1. Log into the appliance | Go to System | Certificates | Click New Signing Request
2. Fill out the Certificate Signing Request with information on the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) you will be using for the SSL.
TIP: wildcard for a domain would be *.yourdomain.com, wildcards cost more but authenticate all subdomains on the domain
3. Download the CSR | you can edit this with a text editor. Notepad ++ is a good option because it keeps the format that works best for copying a csr request over to a Certificate Authority.
4. Request a SSL from your Certificate Authority providing this CSR text where they request.
5. Once you get the certificate back from the Certificate authority upload the certificate to the Pending Request.
6. Restart the appliance to verify the certificate is installed and Validated.
If the certificate shows validated No use the following article to import the certificate chain to validate the SSL: