Generate New SSL certificate for SonicWall Firewall
07/01/2022 703 People found this article helpful 121,255 Views
The process to create a new certificate from your SonicWall Appliance.
CAUTION: Will require a restart of the Firewall
In order to request and import a certificate from a certificate authority that will work on your appliance you will need to create a certificate signing request from the appliance
1. Go to Manage | Appliance | Certificates and then click on New Signing Request
2. Fill out the Certificate Signing Request with information with the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) you will be using for the SSL. Click the Generate button to create the CSR.
TIP: wildcard for a domain would be *.yourdomain.com, wildcards cost more but authenticate all subdomains on the domain
3. Download the CSR and you can open the content with a text editor. Notepad ++ is a good option because it keeps the format that works best for copying a csr request over to a Certificate Authority.
4. Request the signed certificate from your Certificate Authority providing this CSR content.
5. Once you get the certificate back from the Certificate authority upload the certificate to the Pending Request.
6. Restart the appliance to verify the certificate is installed and appears as Validated.
If the certificate shows validated No use the following article to import the certificate chain to validate the SSL:
Was This Article Helpful?