DPI-SSL - HTTPS Traffic is very slow
03/26/2020 9 4506
After the upgrade to 6.5.2.X, 6.5.3.X and 6.5.4.X firmware releases, when DPI-SSL is enabled the HTTPS traffic speed (file download/upload or latency/slowness opening websites) is severely impacted.
Please make sure you check the following:
- Your firewall runs the latest release 22.214.171.124-53n available on MySonicWall.com.
- On Manage | Decryption Services | DPI-SSL/TLS Client disable the Content Filter option
- Test the HTTPS connection using speedof.me and www.speedsmart.net and save a screenshot of both.
- If the result is the same, untick the box on Enable SSL Client Inspection
- Test again: save a screenshot of this test.
NOTE: When DPI-SSL is enabled, it's expected a throughput reduction up to 50%. This article applies when the reduction is over this value.
If the speed improves dramatically after disabling SSL Client Inspection or just after disabling the Content Filter option, please provide these details to our technical support who will advise about the next steps or additional tests.
There are two ways to contact technical support:
1. Online: Visit mysonicwall.com. Once logged in select Resources & Support | Support | Create Case.
2. By phone: please use our toll-free number at 1-888-793-2830. Please have your SonicWall serial number available to create a new support case.
If you do not have a mysonicwall.com account create one for free!