Damaged version of Net Extender error message on Windows 10
03/26/2020 464 83936
Customers using NetExtender and Windows 10 may experience the following error message:
Damaged version of net extender detected on your system. Please re download net extender
Driver signing verification in windows 10 is causing the 8.6 net extender version to show as damaged.
NetExtender does not pass Windows HCK testing. The Windows Hardware Certification Kit (Windows HCK) is a test framework used to certify hardware devices for Windows. To qualify for a Windows certification, previously known as Windows logo, your product must pass testing using the Windows HCK.
NetExtender 8.6.260 has compatibility issues with Windows 10 in some situations. Firmware 18.104.22.168 and above have the fixed version of NetExtender 8.6.265 which should fix this issue.
Following are the steps to download NetExtender 8.6.265:
- Log into mysonicwall.com
- Navigate to Resources & Support | My Downloads.
- From the drop down list select , My Products/ NetExtender/English/All Type/Latest Version.
- Navigate to Downloads | Download Center.
- Select Software Type as NetExtender.
If this does not fix your issue or you do not see the same in your environment please create a case and reach out to our Support team for additional assistance and let them know you used NetExtender 8.6.265 and the issue persists
There are two ways to contact technical support:
1. Online: Visit mysonicwall.com. Once logged in select Resources & Support | Support | Create Case.
2. By phone: please use our toll-free number at 1-888-793-2830. Please have your SonicWall serial number available to create a new support case.
If you do not have a mysonicwall.com account create one for free!
NOTE: As a workaround, you can disable Secure Boot in UEFI and the driver will load successfully.