Daisy chain mode using SonicWall Switches
06/11/2020 1 1842
A firewall can be connected to one switch, which in turn can be connected to another switch in daisy chain mode.
Using SonicWall Switches Daisy Chain mode supports up to four switches in three different configurations.
- 1 switch in standalone mode and 3 switches connected to it in daisy chain mode.
- 2 switches in standalone mode and with 1 switch connected to each in daisy chain mode.
- 3 switches in standalone mode and 1 switch connected to any of the switches in daisy chain mode.
This article explains how to integrate the firewall with the extended switches in daisy chain mode.
In this topology for Daisy Chain Configuration, we are using Switch models SWS14-48FPOE and SWS14-48 connected to the SonicWall NSa 4650.
TIP: Please follow the KB to add the Switch SonicWall: How To Integrate A SonicWall Switch With SonicWall UTM Using Auto-Discovery?
- Connect the Port 1 of Switch SWS14-48FPOE model to the interface X5 of the SonicWall NSa 4650, where Firewall Uplink is X5 and Switch Uplink is Port 1.
- The Port 1 of Second Switch SWS14-48 is connected to the Port 2 of the Switch SWS14-48FPOE where the second switch will get auto-discovered and then will undergo through the below stages:
- Click on the Authorize button.
- Switch will fetch the latest firmware from the cloud and upgrade itself to the available latest version of firmware.
- Switch 2 will now show up connected and the entire topology will be visible on the Overview tab.