Configuring Device Management based on Device ID for SMA 100
05/24/2022 1 People found this article helpful 19,645 Views
Device ID can be used to create device based policy and monitor access based on connecting device.
For Manual device registration
- Navigate to Device Management|Settings
- Enable Enforce Device Register
- Approve Method : Manual
- Get Device Serial number using below commands,
|Linux|| hal-get-property --udi /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer --key system.hardware.uuid|
|MAC||system_profiler SPHardwareDataType | grep "Hardware UUID"|
|WINDOWS|| wmic bios get serialnumber|
- Add Device to approved list
- Login as a user and accept Security Statement.
- Approval requested.
- Navigate to Device Management|Devices and Approve/Reject request
For creating DeviceID based policies refer : How to restrict users based on DeviceID using Device policies. | SonicWall
Was This Article Helpful?