Access Point shows as OFFLINE in WNM
06/27/2022 0 People found this article helpful 21,599 Views
Access Point shows OFFLINE due to the following reasons:-
- POE Power Requirements should be 802.3at
- Access Point running on an older firmware version
- Storm or Power Surge can cause the failure of the device(
- Wrong Zone assignment under WNM
- Always confirm the POE Injector Power it needs to be 802.3at for all newer SonicPoints and SonicWave.
- Test with an alternate POE Injector or POE switch.
- If Access Point is managed by Firewall try to Update the Firmware from Diag Page select Update All SonicPoints.
- If the device is out of the box and shows as OFFLINE when managed on the Cloud we cannot upgrade the firmware on the cloud.
- Manage the Access Point Using Firewall connect on WLAN Zone, Once AP is connected with Firewall it will download the latest firmware.
- Once Access Point is Upgraded we can move the AP back to the cloud.
- Even after this AP still shows as Offline, We have to reset the device for 8-10 sec.
- We can try managing AP in standalone mode accessing it on 192.168.1.20 and booting with the latest firmware version
Was This Article Helpful?