SonicOS 7 Rules and Policies
Adding Static Routes
To add a static route
Navigate to the POLICY | Rules and Policies > Routing Rules page.
Click +Add (in the bottom left corner). The Adding Rule dialog displays.
- In the Lookup view, enter a friendly name for this route policy in Name.
- Type any rule Tags that might aid in a Search criteria. You can use up to three separated by commas.
- Type a descriptive comment into the Description field.
- Indicate the Type as IPv4 or IPv6.
- Select the source address object from Source.
- Select the destination address object from Destination.
- Specify the type of service object that is routed from Service.
- Click Add or click to the Next Hop view to continue the configuration.
Choose the type of route:
- Standard Route (default)
- Multi-Path Route
- SD-WAN Route
- Select the interface through which these packets are routed from Interface.
- Select the address object that acts as a gateway for packets matching these settings from Gateway.
- Specify the RIP metric in the Metric field.
- Click Add or click to the Advanced view to continue the configuration.
- Optionally select Disable route when the interface is disconnected.
- Select Allow VPN path to take precedence to allow a matching VPN network to take precedence over the static route when the VPN tunnel is up. This option is not selected by default.
- Enter the ToS hexadecimal value in the TOS (Hex) field.
- Enter the ToS Mask hexadecimal value in the TOS Mask (Hex) field.
- Enter a value for the Admin Distance, or select Auto for an automatically created Admin Distance.
- Click Add or click to the Probe view to continue the configuration.
- Select a probe type from Probe. The default is None. If a probe type is selected additional options become available.
- Select Disable route when probe succeeds. This option is not selected by default.
- Select Probe default state is UP.
- When you are finished, click Add. The route settings are configured for the selected SonicWall appliance(s).
Was This Article Helpful?
Help us to improve our support portal