Secure Mobile Access 12.4 ESXi Started Guide
Configuring Host Settings on the Console
After powering on the SMA 8200v, perform the following steps to open the console and configure the IP address
and default route settings:
- In vSphere, right-click the SMA 8200v in the left pane and select Open Console from the menu.
If the virtual machine is not powered on, click the green “Power On” arrow button in the top control bar of the console window.
Click inside the window and type root at the login prompt and then press Enter. The first time you access the console, the Setup Tool automatically runs.
Your mouse pointer disappears when you click in the console window. To release it, press Ctrl+Alt keys.
- After the welcome message displays, press any key to proceed.
- At the IP address prompt, type in the local IP address for the SMA 8200v.
- At the Subnet mask prompt, type in the subnet mask.
At the Gateway prompt, type in the IP address of the default gateway used to access the local interface.
Review the information your provided and press Enter to accept the value shown for each of the following:
- IP address
- Subnet mask
Confirm that you want to save and apply the settings by typing y and pressing Enter. It may take a few minutes to complete.
After the settings are applied, a message is displayed to continue configuration at:
- Press Ctrl+Alt keys to activate your cursor.
Close the console window by clicking the X.
Setup and basic installation of the virtual appliance is complete. Proceed to Configuring Settings in AMC to
configure the appliance.
Was This Article Helpful?
Help us to improve our support portal