Powering Down and Restarting the Appliance
When it’s time to power down or restart the appliance, be sure to follow the proper procedure. The appliance
stores important data in memory while it is running. That data must be written to the hard disk before you turn
off the power.
Powering down the appliance improperly can result in loss of data and leave the system’s
files in an inconsistent state. For SMA 7200,7210 and SMA 6200,6210 appliances: Remove any USB devices from
the appliance before you reboot it. If a USB device is plugged in to your appliance when it is rebooted,
the appliance tries to use it as a boot device. As a result, the boot information stored in the BIOS on the
appliance is overwritten, and the device becomes unusable.
To power down or restart the appliance in AMC
In the AMC, navigate to System Configuration > Maintenance.
The Maintenance page displays.
Click the appropriate button:
To restart the appliance, click Restart.
AMC stops responding. After the appliance restarts, you
can log in to AMC again.
To shut down the appliance, click Shutdown.
AMC stops responding and the appliance powers
down. You do not need to press the power button on the front panel.
All appliance models can be shut down or restarted at the appliance:
- On the front of the appliance, press the Down button on the four-button keypad to get to the
main LCD menu.
- Scroll down until you reach the option you want, Restart or Shutdown.
- Both options display a confirmation message; press the Left button to continue.
The results are the same as restarting or shutting down in AMC:
- AMC stops responding; after the appliance restarts, you can log in to AMC again.
- AMC stops responding and the appliance automatically powers down. You do not need to press the power button on the front panel.
Was This Article Helpful?
Help us to improve our support portal