Creating or Editing a WorkPlace Layout
To create a new WorkPlace layout
In the AMC, navigate to User Access > WorkPlace.
Click the Appearance tab.
In the Layouts section, choose an existing style to base your new one on (select its checkbox, and then click Copy icon), or click the + (New) icon.
In the Name field, type a unique name for the WorkPlace layout.
(Optional) In the Description field, type a descriptive comment about the layout.
- In the Initial content area, select a layout for your current WorkPlace content (any shortcuts and shortcut
groups that you’ve defined), or choose to set up an initial structure for your content and add WorkPlace
resources later. No matter how you decide to lay out your initial content, you can change it later by
adding, removing, or rearranging pages and page content.
- In the Page navigation area, specify the kind of navigation controls that will be displayed if your content
requires more than one page.
- Specify whether the Intranet Address field will be displayed when this layout is used. It gives users access
to resources by typing a resource name (a UNC path, URL, or both). Click Next.
- Click the Edit page properties link to change the basic properties of this WorkPlace page: its name (for
example, Home) and a short description.
- Use the page, column, and shortcut controls to add pages, content, and rearrange the elements on each
page. Rearranging items in a layout or deleting them from a layout does not affect the resource itself, just
its appearance in WorkPlace.
- Click Next to move to the Device Preview page. This page allows you to see how your layout will appear
on different types of devices with different display capabilities. On a mobile device, for example, the Intranet Address field cannot be displayed, even if it is configured to be part of a layout.
Was This Article Helpful?
Help us to improve our support portal